Kaveri Entrepreneurship Development Cell (KEDC)
Kaveri Entrepreneurship Development Cell (KEDC) was established in the year 2016 with following objectives
- To promote the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the students.
- To facilitate the students with necessary knowledge and skills related to Entrepreneurship.
- To identify entrepreneurship interest and potentials amongst the students.
- To conduct various activities related to Entrepreneurship Awareness, Skills Development and Entrepreneurship Opportunities in various fields.
- To offer necessary support and mentorship to budding entrepreneurs.
- To encourage students to participate in Entrepreneurship Programs, various Competitions related to Entrepreneurship.
To fulfill these objectives, KEDC arranges different activities by inviting experts and eminent speakers. It includes
- KEDC Talk Show
- Business Quiz/ Business Idea/ Business Plan competitions
- Experience Sharingfrom Successful Entrepreneurs
- Workshops / Awareness Programme on different skills required for successful Entrepreneurship
Brief about some of the activities conducted
- A session on ‘Mindset’ was conducted Mr. Harshvardhan Ranade. He is one of the founders of Biznovators Entrepreneurship Development Foundation, a not for Profit Entrepreneurship Development Company created to develop and promote general, non-engineering, socio-commercial, agro-based & specific entrepreneurship. The session was aimed at helping the aspiring entrepreneurs to understand ‘Mindset’ required in the field of Entrepreneurship. He offered a scholarship to one of our student for 1000 hours of training at this training school. 25 students attended this session.
- A session on ‘How to make a Successful Business Plan – working capital management’ was arranged on Saturday, 7 January, 2017. CA Nishikant Deshpande, a successful Chartered Accountant was invited as a resource speaker. He mentioned about working capital management, needs and challenges. He presented case studies and helped the students to understand concepts of Costing and Working capital during his lecture.
- A session on ‘Schemes on Entrepreneurship’ was arranged on 2 February 2017. Mr. Suresh Umap, Regional officer – Maharashtra Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Pune was invited as a resource person. Mr. Umap has presented case studies / stories of the young students coming from low economic background, who had big dreams to become successful entrepreneurs. He also discussed the schemes provided by the state and central government for budding entrepreneurs.
- A Session on ‘Employability and Entrepreneurship’ was arranged on 2February 2017. Dr. Puranik, Vice-Principal, BMCC was invited as a guest speaker. During his session, he mentioned about 3- important requisites namely Knowledge, Skill and Attitude in every student so as to become good employee as well as entrepreneur.
- A brainstorming session for the members of KEDC was arranged on 11February 2017. Mr. Prashant Karandikar – CEO, Anulomya Global Strategic Sourcing was invited as a facilitator for the session. Students identified seven areas of mentoring through group discussion namely Marketing, Research, Technical, Finance, Legal, HR, Regulatory Bodies & International Laws
- To create a platform for budding entrepreneurs, KEDC started a Talk Show called ‘Baatein Entrepreneurs Ki’ which is conducted by the students and is for the students. The show invites budding or start-up entrepreneurs to the college and engages them in conversation where they share their experiences of handling a business.
- KEDC conducted ‘– Baatein Entrepreneurs ki’ on 29 July 2017. Alumni, Mr. Punit Joshi, Owner – Parker Shirts and Ms. Shibani Deodhar, Owner – Sweet Aroma were invited as guest speakers for the talk show. Both speakers shared their experiences, and spoke about the essential qualities such as entrepreneur skills, innovations and creativity required for making a business sustainable.
- KEDC identified and encouraged two students, Archit Joshi and MohitPanse from T.Y.B.Sc (CS) to participate in the activity INDOVENTION 2017 – State Level E-Week conducted by Entrepreneurship Cell of Garware College. The students produced their own product, ‘FREELINGS’, an Ice Candy having fresh cut fruits in two flavours. They won first prize in Most Innovative Product category.
- ‘Baatein Entrepreneurs Ki’ with Archit and Mohit was organized on 6 January 2018. Archit and Mohit shared their experience of starting up their business of selling ice candies. They explained how the idea of producing ice candy came to their mind, how did they face worst situation on the competition day and how their friends helped them in achieving their dream.
- On 6 February 2018, a lecture by Dr. Anagha Kale, Faculty, BMCC delivered lecture on ‘Women Entrepreneurship – a regime towards women empowerment’. She shared successful stories of women entrepreneurs in and around the district of Pune. The session helped KEDC to create awareness about women entrepreneurship so that they can avail the facilities provided by the State government such as various schemes of subsidies and finance to motivate budding entrepreneurs.
- Intracollege Business Quiz Competition was conducted on 8 February, 2018. 7 teams were registered, out of which 5 teams were shortlisted for the competition. Abhishek Haldankar and Shreyas Khanekar from FYBCom won the first prize comprising of Crossword voucher worth Rs. 250/- each. The second prize was won by SahilPingale and NimeshSalaskar from B.B.A.(IB).
- KEDC organised a session on the topic ‘The Mad World of Start-Ups’ on 21 July 2018. Mr. AniketTapre, Founder, Venture Factor, was invited as a Guest Speaker. The aim of this session was to make the students aware about how to start the Start-Ups and understand its structure, scope, necessary process and present scenario. During the session, the resource speaker, Mr. Tapre focused on early stage startups funding and mentoring. 115 students benefited from the session.
- ‘A Session on Tapping…the Untapped’ was organized on 21 August 2018. The aim of this session was to make the students aware about vouching on business opportunities and converting them into a successful business plan. Mr. Sanjay Orpe, Joint Managing Director, Hardikar’s Food Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (HFTPL), Pune, was invited as the resource person to share his successful journey and also to make the students aware about tapping the right opportunity at right time so as to enter into untapped market. He gave presentation on dehydrating techniques of fruits and vegetables, powdering and pulping of Mangoes, Bottle gourds etc. The session received huge response from the students. In all, 120 students attended the session and 15 students from different colleges i.e. COEP, S.P. College and Shahu College have benefited from the lecture
- A Session on ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit – The Winning Way of Life’ was conducted on 15 September 2018. Mr. AmeyaAgrawal, a motivational speaker, author of a National Bestseller, ‘A Leap Within’ was invited as the Chief Speaker on the occasion. More than 80 students benefited from the session.
- ‘Baatein Entrepreneurs Ki’ was organized on 12 December 2018. The Guest Speakers of the Talk Show were Akshay Khirid- Founder & owner, Global Dialect Language and Training and Shekhar Shinde- Pristine Fitness Club. They are our Alumni from B.Com and B.B.A. (CA) degrees respectively. The Talk Show began with the success stories of the entrepreneurial ventures of AkshayKhirid and ShekharShinde. AkshayKhirid’s Global Dialect offers training and translation services in many foreign languages like French, German, Chinese, Thai etc.
- KEDC felicitated budding entrepreneurs from our College. Jaee Sawant( T.Y.B.Com) – creating gift articles (plastic free) and selling online. Sana Apte (T.Y.B.Com) – for accepting catering orders for Modak during Ganapati Festival. Vaishanvi Deshpande, Atharva Bendarkar and Chirayu Mundada (F.Y.B.Com) – For selling crackers during Diwali season and participating in stalls at Inter College event at Modern College.
- ‘A session on Business Idea Generation’ was conducted on 25 January 2019. Dr. Pallavi Kasande, Trainer, Counselor and Marketing Consultant was invited as a Resource Speaker for the session. More than 60 students benefited from this session. The Prerequisite of a Good Business Idea and its characteristics were discussed. Many examples based on the essentials were cited and discussed for the students. All the students participated enthusiastically and presented their idea. The shortlisted group of students participated at the MAGNUM Competition held at Poona College on 4 February 2019. Mihir Mhasavade, ChirayuMundada, VaishanaviDeshpande and AtharvaBendarkar from FY B.Com. presented a Business Idea Model on ‘Introduction of Mobile APP – Vehicle Port on solving the problem parking slots in Pune City’. The team bagged 2nd Prize in the competition and won silver medal and certificate.
- Start-Up & Innovation Cell, an extension cell at College level which was constituted as per the guidelines received from the Director, ‘Incubation, Innovation And Linkages (IIL) Centre, SPPU’. The committee comprises Dr. Deepa Sathe, Head , Ms. Sonia Kumbhojkar Coordinator and student members. PushkarajBhatkal (SYBCOM), Ashutosh Joshi (B.B.A.), AditiDeshpande (B.B.A. (IB)), ShreyaShahane (BCA), JesikaPrabhu (BCS), AnushkaDeshpande (BA), Archit Joshi (MCS).
Activities conducted by IIL-SPPU.
IIL-SPPU organized 2 days Conclave for the Heads of Start- ups and Innovation Cell of colleges registered at the center. Head, Dr. Deepa Sathe participated at Sahyog- Forging Partnership for Development of Innovation & Start-up organized on 8th& 9th March 2019 at SPPU.
- KEDC organized an expert lecture on the topic, ‘Start Up Motivation and Problem Sensitization’, on 27th July 2019 by Mr. AshishPatane, owner Shrid Metal Technologies Pvt. Ltd’ which supplies auto and defence components. The major takeaway was ‘Be a Pidepiper of Your Own Business’. Students were motivated to a great deal and were inspired to become future entrepreneurs. Mr. Patne also mentioned few pre-requisites to become successful entrepreneur such as passion, network, effective resource management, positive attitude, conviction The session received huge response. 90 students have benefited from this session.
- Atharva Deshpande and Mr.Piyush Lachake from F.Y.B.B.A.(CA) attented the ‘Students Awareness Programme’ organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) at S.B .Patil Public School Auditorium , Ravet on 30th July, 2019. The guest were Dr.ApoorvaPalkar and Mr.JitendraThanna, President& CEO of Eternus Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- An Inter College Business Idea Competition was organised on 29th August 2019. It received a noteworthy response from more than 17 teams from prime institutions across Pune. There was a vivid diversity in the concepts presented by all the participating teams such as ideas pertaining to crude oil, nutritious cafes, software engineering, use of solar devices, hand free umbrella, ASKPRO (online portal), commercialisation of housemaids and exploring the use of technology.The competition was judged by Mr. Sanjay Orpe, Managing Director of OemEkvira Media Pvt. Ltd, Project Director at multiple institutes and Joint MD at Hardikar’s Food Technologies Pvt. Ltd and Dr. JyotiGogte, Core Mentor of ‘De Asra Foundation’.
- Mumbai Dabbewala Management Theory Explored at Kaveri.
KEDC organised ‘Out of The Box Management’ session on Mumbai Dabbewala Management Theory on 7th September 2019. President of Mumbai Dabbewala Association Mr. SubhashTalekar was invited to guide our students, who also spoke about the Six Sigma Performance Theory. Management Members, Teachers, Parents, and Corporate Personnel and around 550 students attended the program. Mr. Talekar took the audience by surprise with his witty and informative presentation. It started with a short film ‘Steps and Strides’ featuring the Mumbai Dabbewala, their hard work and precise planning. He shared the history of the organisation and its functioning. The presentation was followed by a question answer round; parents and students actively participated in this round. The key takeaways of the session were the supply chain management which is followed by the Dabbewala, the uninterrupted services that is provided for all these years interesting stories and incidents which Dabbewala have witnessed all these years. The session proved to be highly informative for all.
- ‘A Workshop on Fostering Youth Entrepreneurship& Startups in India:A Driving Forcen for Economic Prosperity’ was organized on 21st September 2019 in collaboration with MTC Global, Bengaluru, Global Entrepreneurs Grid-Bengaluru, Dhaka International University, Dhaka. The Guest Speaker, Dr. HimachalanDasaraju, Senior Fellow & Professor Emeritus, Awardee of Andhra Pradesh State, Best Teacher Award. He shared his words of wisdom and knowledge on Entrepreneurship.
- An interactive session on 28th December 2020 on ‘Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship’ was conducted by Mr. ShrirangGokhale, Mentor & Technocrat. He has 35 years of experience at Philips in Product design and Product Development. The session received a good response of more than 40 students. Mr. Gokhale in his session has shared his journey at Philips India Ltd and shared how the challenges in Research & Development have created opportunities to bring innovation in the products of Philips. The major takeaway from this session was ‘Problems around you are the source of Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship’
- AtharvaKulkarni and PranavAmbekar from SYB.Com.ventured with Bhadipa Stand Up Comedy for stand-up comedy show on 11th January 2020. Both students have produced this show for the first time. KEDC has helped them to extend necessary support in terms of publicity and marketing of this event.
- KEDC organised an interactive session on 21st January 2020 on ‘Entrepreneurship in Ecological Sustainability’. Mrs. KetakiGhate, Fouder and Managing Partner at Oikos for Ecological Services was the resource speaker for the session. The session received a good response of more than 80 students. Ms. Ghate shared about her journey. She explained how the business idea developed before 20 years and grown into a big and innovative business in today’s time. The major takeaway was ‘We can live without technology but cannot live without ecology’.
Dr. Deepa Sathe