Master of Computer Science (M.Sc.)
M.Sc. in Computer Science is a post-graduation course of 2 years (Choice Based Credit System) duration having 4 semesters. M.Sc.(CS) course is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University with intake capacity of 30. The college started M.Sc. in Computer Science in 2011. The course teaches the students about the higher level concepts in the domain of Computer Science theory. A 4-6 month long industrial training provides an opportunity to apply the principles to a significant problem.
The aim of the department is to takes forward the knowledge gained by the students at the undergraduate level and provides them with an advanced level of learning and understanding on the subject.
The department has a dedicated and well equipped computer laboratory with Internet facility and classrooms with projector facility, to keep the students at par with the latest trends and techniques in the IT field.
The syllabus is about developing skills to learn new technology, grasping the concepts and issues behind its use and the use of computers.
To educate the students to be successful with technology-oriented knowledge and ability to develop creative solutions, and better understand the effects of future developments of computer systems and technology on people and society.
To provide quality education in the field of Computer Science. To achieve academic excellence by adapting latest teaching methodologies and improving quality research
- To provide quality education to meet the need of profession and society.
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of technology.
- To imbibe quality software development practices and to create awareness about process and product standards.
Faculty of the department adopted different methods for teaching.
- Lectures using chalk and board Subjects that require problem solving are practiced in class room so that the students understand the steps of solving the problem along with the theory. Interaction with the students is also carried out during these sessions.
- Lectures in laboratory Subjects that requires the code to be demonstrated to the students are conducted in the laboratory. This helps the students to gain hand-on experience of the subjects, providing a better understanding by self doing. From the current academic year Practical course has been introduced in the syllabus. Lab books are provided to the students. A brief explanation of what is to be done is given to the students before start of the practical.
- Project Work Internal guide is assigned for the projects that the students have to undertake. In case of any doubt or difficulty the students are guided by the respective guide
- Classrooms are enabled with LCD projectors which enables faculty to use PowerPoint presentations and show code demonstration for teaching purposes.
- Google Classroom is a free web service that aims to simplify creating, distributing, and grading assignments in a paperless way. Students are give assignments, notes and other study and reading material through Google classroom.
- M.Sc.(CS) – Sem 1 (2019-20) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6KLnEeQx39PfnpFZXNSNGhKeDR3X3NBX1hjeEVTOHRKa0RfaFE0YmlNcGtOc3BNcnJQazQ
- Self Learning through online courses to inculcate self learning among the students, the students are asked to undergo online course on various portals like coursera, which is related to their project technology during the vacation period. This helps the students to be prepared for the project work in the following semester.
- Add on Course on ‘Software Testing using selenium IDE and Webdriver’ was conducted for M.Sc.(CS) students. The topics covered in the course included Introduction to software testing, White box testing and black box testing, Manual testing and automation testing, Introduction to selenium automation testing, Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver.
Software Testing using selenium IDE and Webdriver
- Add-on course ‘Software Programmer in Real life’ was conducted for B.Sc.(CS) and M.Sc.(CS) students. The topics covered in the this course included Mind Map, Critical Thinking, Requirement gathering, Design and Coding standards followed in industry, Debugging and testing etc.
Software Programmer in Real life